Rampart Hydro Services in Pittsburgh (located in the Airport Corridor) is currently recruiting for an Equipment Manager to lead our Shop and Maintenance team. As an Equipment Manager, you will be responsible for the maintenance and recordkeeping of our company’s diverse fleet of heavy equipment, mechanics and facility to ensure equipment is operating efficiently and maintained to Company standards.
The successful candidate will be also be responsible for:
- Assigning, supervising, providing technical assistance, and reviewing work of mechanics.
- Ensuring all paperwork, including work orders, checklists and problem lists, are completed.
- Ensuring the maintenance facility is properly maintained, functional, and clean.
- Directing mechanical repair diagnoses and determining the best way to make repairs while analyzing equipment failures, determining causes and establishing corrective measures to prevent repeat failures.
- Supporting field operations including identifying equipment maintenance, repair, and spare parts to maximize equipment operation, and ensuring equipment is inspected prior to dispatch to a field project.
- Purchasing and selling new and used equipment as directed by Management.
- Developing and maintaining required records on all equipment for historical data and regulatory compliance.
- Communicating with Field Technicians as needed to resolve equipment problems. Will be on call during off-hours.
Candidates who meet the following criteria may be considered for this exciting opportunity:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Civil / Structural Engineering or related field of study and a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience managing a heavy highway equipment maintenance facility; OR
- High school degree and 15 years of relevant experience managing a heavy highway equipment maintenance facility
- Extensive knowledge of heavy equipment and trucks (diesel, hydraulics, electrical systems, etc.)
- Track record of diagnostic and repair work
- Valid CDL-A driver license is ideal
- Class 3 inspection license is ideal
- Travel expectation is 25% nationwide
Our ideal candidate is an innovative but decisive individual who can work effectively in a highly collaborative, team-based environment; has the ability to set goals and expectations and hold others accountable; can encourage and mentor others; is approachable, empathetic and outgoing; can quickly gain trust and respect; and is able to establish and maintain relationships.
We are proud of a company culture that promotes 24/7 safety and quality. We offer competitive compensation and benefits including medical and dental insurance, 401(k), paid holidays, vacation, tuition reimbursement, career development and growth opportunities, and a caring work environment.
If you are interested in this position and meet the following requirements, please consider applying. We would be happy to have you as a member of our team. Please email resumes to email@example.com or fax to 412-262-6188.